A spacious, charming, quirky Manor House with fabulous 360-degree valley views that sleeps up to 10
4 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms in main house (2 queens, 1 double, and a twin bedroom)
Upon request, self-contained Heathcliff Cabin is available for 'overflow' guests for an additional $120 per night.
- Features & Inclusions
- Bottle of wine
- Breakfast provisions
- Open fireplace, reverse cycle heating and airconditioning
- Electric blankets
- Ceiling fans
- Working upright piano
- Two bathrooms with claw foot baths/separate shower and valley views
- Baronial living room with open fireplace
- Well-stocked kitchen
- Open fireplace
- Two outdoors entertaining areas with unimpeded country views
- 4-burner gas BBQ on front terrace
- Fire pit
- Cots and high chairs upon request at no cost
- Dog enclosure between Bronte Manor and Heathcliff
- Bookcase with wide selection of reading material
- RC Aircon/TV/DVD/CD player/Foxtel
- Note that Heathcliff cabin (with Queen Size bed + bathroom) can only be booked - upon application - when there are more than 8 guests in the same party
- Fold-out sofa in main house.
- All linen and fully made-up beds
Enjoy the peace and seclusion of this grand, yet rustic, mud-brick manor. Perched on high ground with 360-degree views of gentle, undulating countryside and trees, Bronte Manor exudes charm and character.
Two queen suites, double attic bedroom, twin bedroom in main house and - for overflow guests - Heathcliff Cabin, only 4m away, has king-sized bed, pot belly stove and bathroom. Ideal for groups of up to 10.
The two suites - Emily and Charlotte (with ensuite) - are located at opposite ends of the long, brick-floored living room, ensuring privacy for two couples, or larger groups. French doors open from both bedrooms onto the terrace, while each bathroom features a deep claw-foot bath, and valley views through enormous windows. The third twin bedroom enjoys views to the hills behind.
Upstairs in the spacious attic, there’s an 1880s double bed for a third couple.
Combine conviviality with privacy.
During chilly winter evenings, guests can warm themselves in front of a blazing fire in the baronial living room beneath century-old wooden beams salvaged from the Elders’ wool sheds. It’s just the place to enjoy a glass of excellent Clare Valley wine, perhaps while dinner is being prepared in the spacious kitchen. This is a gourmet chef’s dream, with fabulous views and everything needed to cook up a storm: stainless steel gas cooktop and electric oven, and cupboards full of pots and pans, casserole dishes, platters, electric mixer, mixing bowls, roasting pans, and much more.
There’s even a working piano!
Many a grand entertainment has been held at Bronte Manor, and many precious, quiet and romantic weekends have been enjoyed there, too. Enjoy a singalong around the piano while a fire crackles away in the fireplace.
Two outdoor entertaining areas!
Bronte Manor features two outdoors entertaining areas, so one can enjoy the country air in most weathers, depending on the position of the sun or the direction of the wind.
Sitting by the wood fire BBQ at the front of the house is the place to be when the wind blows from the west or the setting sun is too bright.
Alternatively, guests can use the gas BBQ on the front terrace while they enjoy the rural view, or at night, gaze at the star-studded sky. Beyond the slate patio, hundred-year-old gums pepper the slope which meets a wide grassy sward, bordered by a ribbon of trees, with the dam in the distance. There is not another building or road to distract the eye.
The Magnificent Fire Pit!
Who doesn’t love toasting marshmallows on a blazing fire?
In front of Heathcliff Cabin just a few metres from the main house, a large fire pit surrounded by fallen logs to sit on is the perfect place to while away an evening! Why not stop in at the Clare Wood Yard to pick up a couple of slow-burning logs? (Details in our Welcome Information). If you need a bit of extra wood to burn, phone Tanika on 0418 859 592 before midday. The cost is $20 for 15 long-burning chunks.
Please be aware that fire wood will not be provided between April 30th and November 1st when there is a total Fire Ban in the Mid North which includes the Clare Valley.
- Dogs welcome - allowed indoors. “Fur fee” of $20 charged per dogs for duration of stay.
- Rates include a bottle of complimentary wine, provisions for a cooked breakfast and all linen.
- Minimum 2 nights stay weekends Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun.
- For long weekends, the minimum stary is 3 night stay (min 6 people). Over Easter, it's a 4-night minimum stay.
- Children 3-13 $40 per night.
- Portacot and high chair upon request
- Key in door from 3pm onwards on day of arrival
- Departure time by 11am
Additional adults are $50 per person per week night.
A"Fur Fee" of $20 is charged per dog for the duration of stay.
Check-in: 3pm; check-out: 11am
Please note there is a minimum two-night stay.
There is a minimum three-night stay on all Public Holiday weekends and a four-night minimum stay over Christmas and Easter. (Also, for one couple staying at Bronte Manor, there is a minimum 3-night stay.)
On weekends (Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun there is a minimum rate of $700 for up to 4 guests. Please refer to the rates table above for additional guests.
Please enquire for discounted rates for longer stays.