Charming, secluded two-bedroom mudbrick cottage overlooking a dry creek bed bordered by enormous, century-old gum trees
Features & Inclusions:
- Cooked breakfast provisions eggs, bacon, tomatoes, breads, jams, cereals
- Full breakfast supplies included for first two days
- Complimentary wine/port not necessarily to be consumed with breakfast)
- All linen made up on your beds
- Queen bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Separate bathroom with shower
- Living room with pot belly stove (Firewood provided for first two nights)
- Kitchen with full-sized oven + microwave
- Breakfast parlour with French doors opening onto back patio
- TV, Foxtel & RC Aircon
- Exquisite views from front verandah
- Charming back courtyard, enclosed to keep your dog safe while you explore the valley
- Gas BBQ in back courtyard
- Wood BBQ + fire pit beneath the gum trees
- Cot and high chairs upon request at no cost
- Electric blanket
Situated amidst 30 ha of rolling hills, this gorgeous heritage-style cottage enjoys peaceful rural views, undisturbed by any other building.
Wander the extensive paths through the trees, let the kids roam free and the dog off the lead, and visit the dam and the alpacas (though dogs should be on a lead when you near the alpaca enclosure).
Watch the passing parade of abundant birdlife from the verandah - you’ll probably see kangaroos grazing on the grassy slope.
During winter, you can curl up in front of the pot belly stove during winter with a complimentary glass of port or toast marshmallows over the fire pit by the creek. (Note that the Fire Danger Season in the MID NORTH is from 15th November 2022 to 30th April 2023 though this may be revised depending on weather conditions.)
Firewood is provided for the combustion heater the first two nights of your stay but if you plan to use the fire pit, you can buy bags of firewood from the service station or Clare Wood Yard.
Depending on the weather, dinner can be cooked up on the gas BBQ by the back patio where you can enjoy more lovely, unimpeded vistas of trees and paddocks. It is securely fenced enabling you to leave your dogs at the cottage while you visit the region’s many award-winning wineries and excellent restaurants.
The cottage incorporates a charming master bedroom with white-washed walls and Edwardian dressing table. The pretty twin bedroom has sash windows overlooking the verandah, while the slate-floored living room opens onto a dedicated breakfast parlour with French doors leading onto the patio.
Well mannered dogs are welcome and can sleep indoors. A key is left in the door from 3 PM onwards and vacation is by 11:00 AM on the day of departure.
"Glen Morris" is one of three cottages on "Wuthering Heights". All have been built well away from one another with privacy and seclusion as a main consideration.
Please note there is a minimum two-night stay.
There is a minimum three-night stay on all Public Holiday weekends and a four-night minimum stay over Christmas and Easter.
A flat "Fur Fee" of $20 is charged per dog irrespective of the number of dogs or length of stay.
Please enquire for discounted rates for longer stays.